Scott Johnson, a drum tech with Radiohead, died Saturday when the stage collapsed during set-up for the Toronto ON show at Dowsnview Park. My thoughts are with Scott’s family, and the entire band and crew.
Out of respect for Scott and his craft, I’d like to repost this pic and advice. It’s from Henry Rollins, advice to bands to respect the stage crew and support staff.
“Listen to the stage manager and get on stage when they tell you to. No one has time for the rockstar bullshitNone of the techs backstage care if you are David Bowie or the milkman.
When you act like a jerk, they are completely unimpressed with the infantile display that you might think comes with your dubious status.
They were there hours before you building the stage, and they will be there hours after you leave tearing it down. They should get your salary and you should get theirs.
RIP Scott Johnson. Thanks for doing the work.
- peacelove-smiles likes this
- idliketobuytheworldacoke reblogged this from alwaysstayingme
- bokemio likes this
- norimatsuaki reblogged this from rabbitinmyheadlights
- themlane reblogged this from the2scoops
- womon likes this
- spacebeard likes this
- deactivatingsoon reblogged this from paranoidanbroid
- thisisalan likes this
- nomnommari likes this
- ellipticalcaress likes this
- cuckoo-song likes this
- paranoidanbroid reblogged this from rabbitinmyheadlights
- rabbitinmyheadlights reblogged this from greenwoodarchangel
- minnough likes this
- greenwoodarchangel reblogged this from the2scoops
- privateinvestigatoron likes this
- nurmortigitempo likes this
- danlevy reblogged this from the2scoops
- the2scoops posted this